Protecting our World
We care about the environment and not only recognise, but appreciate that our operations may have an impact locally and ultimately, globally. We don't claim to be saving the world with a few generic environmental statements, that would be crazy, but as a company and individuals we do realise that we can make a difference.
We believe it is our obligation to consider all aspects of waste impact throughout a products life cycle, from raw material selection through to sustainable production methods, as well as the reduction of waste and pollution in all our manufacturing processes.
We address the latest environmental issues through our ISO14001 Environmental Management System, which is under continual review and assessment to ensure that it evolves to suit the ever-changing needs of the environment.
Our commitment to the environment is reflected in our aim to achieve the best possible environmental ratings for our entire product range. We recognise that we have a responsibility to help protect the environment wherever possible, to be a responsible neighbour and to provide a safe environment for both our employees and customers.
Trusted & Regulated Processes
In addition to our direct efforts, we are registered with regulatory bodies such as FISP and FSC®, that endorse our processes and demonstrate we are taking our environmental and corporate social responsibility obligations seriously.
Forests are critical for sustainable development, providing a wealth of goods and services that are essential for a greener economy. Responsible forest management & certification is crucial in providing evidence of sustainable forest management.
Frövi is committed to ever increasing product quality standards. Many Frövi products are tested to international standard (ISO, BSEN) at recognised test facilities, such as FIRA, SATRA and CATAS, to ensure that they are safe and suitable for use in the contract environment.
Certificates, where relevant, are available on request – email@example.com
Our policies underpin Frövi’s commitment and approach to responsibly managing our impacts on, and relationships with, our people, customers, communities and environment. They set out our values and behaviours that are required to make Frövi a trusted, positive and successful brand.
Policies, where relevant, are available on request – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cork has been used by man for over 5,000 years as its cellular structure makes it a great material for all kinds of applications.
- Cork products are 100% recyclable.
- Cork is a type of bark and is removed every 9 to 12 years without causing any harm to the tree.
- Per KG cork has a carbon footprint of -0.64kg and it has the highest ductility and heat capacity among wood based materials.
- In 2017, we launched our Grow Cork stools which are solid cork.
- Felt has many beneficial properties such as being fire retardant and moisture proof but we mainly see it being used for its noise cancelling qualities.
- Felt can be pressed into a rigid three dimensional form without the use of any glues or resins.
- By far the most beneficial thing about the felt we are using is the fact it is made with 100% recycled PET. Meaning that plastic bottles are going into products and not into the ocean or landfill.
- In January 2020, we launched Colony which is available with felt panels in a range of different colours and patterns.
- All Frovi powder coating has an Environmental Product Declaration certificate.
- EPD is an independent and industry recognised body that verifies products which meet environmental and sustainable standards.
- Frovi is the only major global supplier of powder coated products to have the quality of its products third-party verified by an EPD.
- We have adopted this strategy to provide many sustainability benefits compared to other powder coating methods, including reduced energy usage and reduced waste generation.
- Rebar has been used in the construction industry for around 150 years and is known for adding strength to concrete.
- Rebar is made with 98% recycled material and comes in a range of sizes. The ribbed patterns in rebar are to increase surface area and help grip to the concrete.
- In 2017, we launched our Foundry range using rebar for all the frame work combined with solid oak for the shelves and coffee table top.